May's meeting

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

RyanRumsey

Post by RyanRumsey »

I am also wondering exactly when our meeting is officially. I am good for either week, this week is better for me, though. It's your call, John.
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Late to this particular dance but I won't be attending this week. Bike is still broke and today is the day I find out what exactly.

Have a good ride

Trevor
Vy is it vee get too soon olt and too late schmart?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Late to this particular dance but I won't be attending this week. Bike is still broke and today is the day I find out what exactly.

Have a good ride

Trevor
...and the verdict is?
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
coyoteran
Location: X Marks the spot...X stands for danger...two lines crossing over one another means to me...stay away

Post by coyoteran »

Very expensive.

New crank. May go to a 190 if I am going that far anyway.

I may get a second opinion on the crank thing but that is what is looks like for now.

Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Very expensive.

New crank. May go to a 190 if I am going that far anyway.

I may get a second opinion on the crank thing but that is what is looks like for now.

Trevor
Maybe I can lend you my used Lammy Crank? It might last longer than yours :lol:

all joking aside, that's really crappy, sorry dude

- Dustin Kott-
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

Your ride is out of commission, Trevor? :( I didn't hear that. Sorry to hear the news.
All hail Emperor Kang!
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

The splines have completely worn off the crank. Goes back to the first belt change I did. I reassembled the variator incorrectly and although it was only for a short time, the cancer started there.

Looks like I blew the oil seal out of the rear shock as well (insert fat joke here).

So, the vespa is OTA for quite a while by the looks of it. Fortunately I have not sold my DR600 so that is now my ride. Sort of screws up my rally season though.

Now the real questions start.
1. Upsize the engine to a 190?
2. Fix the crank and nothing else and sell the bike?
3. Get a bigger vespa?
4. Rip everything off it that is not bone stock and turn it into a collector piece. AKA shine the shit out of.
5. Contiue to push the bike well beyond its obvious boundries.

Any thoughts?

Trevor
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

get the bigger vespa! you KNOW you've been talking about it/wishing for it/pretty much already deciding on it ANYWAYS... This is just the scooter gods way of telling you it is time to let go and move on...

it's very sad, i know, but with time you will learn to love your new scooter. i'm giving it about 5 minutes.

Anyways, hope you get something figured out that works for you. :/
All hail Emperor Kang!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Scrap that crank and cram one of these in.

You know you wanna...
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Great Idea Kevin!

Since that is in a Lambretta frame! :D

- Dustin Kott-
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:The splines have completely worn off the crank. Goes back to the first belt change I did. I reassembled the variator incorrectly and although it was only for a short time, the cancer started there.

Looks like I blew the oil seal out of the rear shock as well (insert fat joke here).

So, the vespa is OTA for quite a while by the looks of it. Fortunately I have not sold my DR600 so that is now my ride. Sort of screws up my rally season though.

Now the real questions start.
1. Upsize the engine to a 190?
2. Fix the crank and nothing else and sell the bike?
3. Get a bigger vespa?
4. Rip everything off it that is not bone stock and turn it into a collector piece. AKA shine the shit out of.
5. Contiue to push the bike well beyond its obvious boundries.

Any thoughts?

Trevor
I have been thinking about this, you should fix it! There is to much of the disposable attitude in this world, look at this as a stepping stone on your journey into the Vintage world, she has been good to you, keep her on the road and keep the miles racking up.....after all how could you get rid of her? You have anew painted front mudguard after all...

my 2 litre

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Whats a crank worth?
coyoteran

Post by coyoteran »

Best price I have seen so far is 280....euro. And thats for a 125cc ET4. I don't know if it will fit. It has the same stroke as the 150 but I don't know about the other dimensions.

Plus $200 for the variator, another $200 for the rear shock. This is gonna hit a grand real quick.

I have an email in to scooter west. We shall see.

Trevor
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

coyoteran wrote:Best price I have seen so far is 280....euro. And thats for a 125cc ET4. I don't know if it will fit. It has the same stroke as the 150 but I don't know about the other dimensions.

Plus $200 for the variator, another $200 for the rear shock. This is gonna hit a grand real quick.

I have an email in to scooter west. We shall see.

Trevor
Trevor,
I've got some sheet plastic laying around, maybe a few weekends and some heat guns and we can squeeze out a few more mph when we are done with your new modern restoration?

- Dustin Kott-
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

There is something wrong with that picture...

Ahh this is much better...

Are ya gonna make Trevor put on the training wheels as well?