Ride to Pigeon Lake!!!!

Chit chat related to the club or scooters in general

Moderator: Moderators

Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Have a safe trip everyone. I'll be working. I hope the weather turns around and you guys have a great trip.

Cheers
�Long live vintage motorcycles that are too tough to die...�

- Dustin Kott-
Rick

Post by Rick »

Total distance is around 70km I figure once we get there we can ride around and find a cool public beach or spot to hang out. No particular spot is picked yet cause It's been years since I been there we will find something. Is anybody going that is not riding in a group with us????
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

It might be a good idea to post a few Cell numbers for who is carrying one so that Cory can find you guys!?

- Dustin Kott-
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

I just got word from Graham that he could possibly take his van because he wasn't sure if his PK 50 was suitable. He might also use the van to transport his scoot and then ride at Pigeon. He is on holidays and gets back tonight late so I will try to post something tonight. I believe Graham is still not able to correspond with the message board.See you all tomorrow am.
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

I'll pm Kory my cell number so that he can find us tomorrow.

Kory, is there anyone else from Calgary coming?

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
LibertineAudrey

Post by LibertineAudrey »

How long are you all planning on staying? If I can get done at a reasonable hour, I may be able to come out and meet you guys there, and then ride back with the group.

I have Shannon's cell number, so I can harass her to find you all if I need to.
All hail Emperor Kang!
Rick

Post by Rick »

I have left that up in the air for right now but it will up for dicussion when we get there, we will come back early enough so there is still plenty of light.
jeffthemod

Post by jeffthemod »

Crap, I didn't get the front end repairs completed before daylight ran out so my bike is sitting in my back yard with the front wheel off. Won't be able to go on the Pigeon run.
I was a mod before you was a mod.
nocattle

Post by nocattle »

Nobody else in Calgary seems interested. It's a bit too far for most to make this day trip.

I would have still gone up to PigeonLake all alone, by myself, with nobody else *sniff* but since acquiring several large expenses in recent months I take opportunities to make money rather then spend money. So I'm going to go to work this morning and put a dent on my credit cards.
giddyup
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

Kory, thanks for calling this morning. I got your message. :0) Sorry you couldn't make it out today.

It was an AWESOME ride!!!! Thanks so much Rick for putting it together. it was the perfect way to spend a Saturday.

I'll post the pics in the gallery once I'm back in the Armpit and away from dial up hell.

Shannon
"The real danger is not that machines will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like machines." Sydney J. Harris
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Thanks everyone for a great ride and Rick for making it happen. Graham Stephan, Shannon, graham, looking forward to a pic. Is anyone going to Tre tomorrow?
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

I'm glad to hear you guys all had a safe trip...

- Dustin Kott-
Rick

Post by Rick »

Yes it was a great trip, thanks to everyone who came out for it. Next time I think we should stay a bit longer check out the public beach and so worth, do a little more exploring. All in all it was great. Had lots of fun.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

So how many made the trip?
How long did it take from the west end? and the return trip?
What was the average speed?

- Dustin Kott-
Sowelu

Post by Sowelu »

There was 6 of us who made the trip.

Largest cc was 200
Smallest cc was 50

Average speed at the back of the pack (where I was) was approx 65 km/hr. Not sure at the head of the pack averaged.

Time .... we left at 9:45 ish not sure what time we arrived at the lake. (I think it was just after 11:30, but I could be wrong.) Rode around the lake and stopped for lunch around 1:30 ish.

All in all it was SUPER fun!!!!

Shannon